Combine Running Sheet
Day 1 6May09
- 11am begin install ubuntu 8.04.1 Desktop
- Major problems with install media. Couldn't install on designated computer - every CD tried crapped out, and couldn't boot from USB. Installed on a different computer; can move around later
- 1pm Miscommunication about which machine we were installing on; now setting up on proper machine
- Set up partitions with RAID1 and LVM
- More miscommunication; thought that they had local repos of gutsy to intrepid, but they have gutsy and intrepid, not hardy. Using server CD for installing packages for now; will update at later date or once they sync the repo.
- apt-get/synaptic install build-essential bind apache2 samba
- 3pm Install Plone
- Install Plone and plumi as per http://plumi.org/wiki/HowToInstallPlumi
- Set static IP address for server
- Add domains to DNS server (plumi, plumi-flv, testplumi, test-flv)
- a2enmod proxy, proxy_http, rewrite
- create plumi and plumi-flv sites in apache
- mkdir /var/www/plumi-flv
- a2ensite plumi and plumi-flv
- add zope and indytube init.d scripts, as per http://plumi.org/wiki/ZopeInitScripts and http://plumi.org/wiki/IndyTubeInitScript
- install indytube and flowplayer as per http://plumi.org/browser/indytube/branches/plumi-0.2.x/INSTALL.plone
- 5:30 Finished; wrap up, go over tomorrows schedule
Day 2 7May09
- 10am do some clean up and documentation on server, other play with individual plumi installs
- 12pm begin on skinning/templates
- Show ZMI and how to get to it via plone site and privileged user
- Show portal_skins section of ZMI, explain important sections:
- Show how to use firebug (or webdeveloper extension) to explore html and CSS, and how to find relevant file in ZMI to change it.
- Show how to edit in-place in ZMI, or upload new file for editting elsewhere (e.g. in firebug)
- Show how to put zope into CSS-debug mode: http://plumisite/portal_css/manage_cssForm (via ZMI, go to portal_css). Select 'Debug Mode' and save; this prevents zope from combining CSS files into one, making development easier - firebug can now show which CSS file to edit. Stress that debug should be disabled when skinning is complete.
Day 3 8May09
- 10am no one here yet
- 10:30 clean up tech documentation - go over with Combine what is already there, and see if they need more
- 11:00 create local repository of software - added 'software' folder to root of Plumi site, and added software VLC and Handbrake for all platforms to that, with links to latest versions.
- 11:30 some more skinning, show how to add extra products