An explanation of what the site is for
"A network node for critical and independent media on International Financial Institutions"
A list of films, listed with the latest at the top. Each item features:
- .. title and subtitle
- .. short description
- .. producer/director/organisation
- .. thumbnail image
- .. date of production
- .. length
If I choose to click on the title or thumbnail associated with a film, I come to the full film listing for that item.
On the right of the home page I see three blocks of text, each containing a live feed listing:
- .. the IFI-relevant newswire feed from the Bretton Woods Project and others (eg imc?) as they come available
- .. the feed of reports from ifiwatchnet Bankwatch and Bank Information Centre (and others, eg IMCs, as relevant/search-based feeds come available)
- .. an ICAL calendar made up of ifiwatchnet calendar plus IFI-relevant events from IFIWatchers, independent media centres, screening networks and more.
- .. possibly, in future: a section containing adverts for relevant books, movies, trainings etc, ???
When I click any item in the feed, I find a live link to wherever the item is stored online. (NOT to a more or less empty item listing page, as at present). (what to do if the item goes offline after a certain date but remaiins in the feed???)
Above the blocks of feeds on the right I see:
- .. a free search box, (plus link to advanced search options). When I click the search button, I go to the Search Results
- .. a fairly formal list of IFIs pulled out of the tag cloud: World Bank, IMF, EBRD, EIB, ADB (Africa), ADB (Asia), IADB, each with a full name plus acronym and link to wikipedia listing,
Below the blocks of feeds on the right, I see:
- .. a tag cloud of free tags attached to items in the database. When I click on a tag, i go to the Search Results ???