Documentation working group
Documentation working group
The documentation working group has been looking at creating documentation, manuals, guides, diagnostic tools and workflows
An inicial aims was to create a common repository of documentation. There is also a video CMS solutions table.
Documentation in it's core is code, for those interested in the documentation project (flossmanuals & other related projects please sign up on the list email@example.com. to discuss the development on the manuals.
Workflow based guides on clearerchannel
A guide to Encoding and Uploading Video to the Internet Workflow: Encoding and Uploading Video to the Internet http://clearerchannel.org/guides/encodeupload_index.html
A guide to Creating and Using Subtitle Files Workflow Creating and Using Subtitle Files http://clearerchannel.org/guides/subtitles_index.html
Creating DVDs with multilingual subtitles Workflow Creating DVDs with mutilingual subtitles http://clearerchannel.org/guides/dvd_index.html
Remixing and reusing existing DVDs to create your own Workflow: Remixing and reusing existing DVDs to create your own http://clearerchannel.org/guides/dvdremix_index.html
Creating a very compatible Video CDrom Workflow: Creating a very compatible Video CDrom http://clearerchannel.org/guides/videocdrom_index.html
Making a Matroska file with subtitles Workflow: Creating a Matroksa file with subtitles http://clearerchannel.org/guides/matroska_index.html
Creating an Ogg Theora video file Workflow: Creating an Ogg Theora file http://clearerchannel.org/guides/ogg_index.html
Creating a Video Podcast / Vlog Workflow: Create Vlogs / Video podcasts using Media RSS http://clearerchannel.org/guides/vlog_index.html
Software based guides on Flossmanuals
Manual : Avidemux
Content : Avidemux is a transcoding, editing, DVD ripping, and subtitling software. It is especially useful for those that wish to extract and translate subtitles. Avidemux operates on OSX, Linux, and Windows and is free software. There was no previous documentation for
Manual : Azureus
Content : Azureus is a popular BitTorrent client that can be used for downloading and uploading content. It is very popular for independent video makers as they can also upload content to the Vuze content network for free or payper- view download. Azureus operates on OSX, Linux, and Windows and is free software. There was no previous comprehensive documentation for this software.
Manual : ffmpeg2theora
Content : ffmpeg2theora is a transcoding software that can convert any video format into the open video format Ogg Theora. ffmpeg2theora runs on Linux, Windows, and OSX and is free software. There was no previous comprehensive documentation for this software.
Manual : archive.org
Content : Archive.org is an online free and open repository for storing any media material. It is an excellent resource but not very well documented until now. The manual also covers installation and operation of the Archive.org FTP application “ccPublisher”.
Manual : Super Encoder
Content : Super Encoder is a proprietary interface for free softwares Mencoder and FFMPEG. This guide covers how to install and use Super Encoder for preparing video for DVD creation, encoding to Flash and Ogg Theora, and converting video for playback on iPods.
Manual : QuickTime Broadcaster
Content : This manuals covers how to use QuickTime Broadcaster for streaming live video over the internet.
Manual : Podcasting
Content : How to set up a podcast for delivery of audio or video podcasts.
Manual : Miro
Content : Using the Miro podcast player.
- VLC - http://flossmanuals.net/vlc
- mplayer - http://flossmanuals.net/mplayer
- muse - http://flossmanuals.net/muse
- icecast - http://flossmanuals.net/icecast
- kino - http://flossmanuals.net/kino
- avidemux - http://flossmanuals.net/avidemux
- ogg theora - http://flossmanuals.net/theoracookbook
- gtranscode - http://flossmanuals.net/gtranscode
- BlipTV - http://en.flossmanuals.net/BlipTV/Introduction
- Azureus - http://en.flossmanuals.net/Azureus/Introduction
- jubler - subtitling - http://en.flossmanuals.net/Jubler/Introduction
- Miro - http://en.flossmanuals.net/Miro/Introduction
- archive.org - http://en.flossmanuals.net/ArchiveOrg/Introduction
- DVD author - http://en.flossmanuals.net/DVDAuthorGUI/Introduction
- Blender - http://en.flossmanuals.net/blender
- Darwin streaming server - http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/DarwinStreamingServer/Introduction
- video cd roms - http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/VideoDistribution
- ffmpeg2theora - http://en.flossmanuals.net/ffmpeg2theora
- Ourmedia - http://en.flossmanuals.net/OurMedia/Introduction
- PureData - http://en.flossmanuals.net/PureData/Introduction
Encoding and uploading video help page put together by zoe
dynebolic documentation put together by jaromil
converge workshops put together by adnan - Co-ordinator : Adnan - a.hadzi at gold.ac.uk
- Liability Insurance NY