Drupal MediaRSS Setup
Drupal setup of Media Rss aggregation
These are very rough notes - to be updated as soon as possible.
1. Set up Drupal core and make following changes.
Create via CCK a Feed Item template which includes a link to a media URL.
Create a view in Views of feed item.
Install simplefeed module as it is necessary for the next stage of changes.
2. Custom modules created for IFIwatch.tv
- filmfeed: Adds enclosure and media tag to RSS feed
- ifiatom: generates ATOM feed
- ifif: this module makes changes to user interface + organises how the form is displayed / changes character limit of some fields + Displays YT video within ifiwatch.tv instead of taking users to YT website + Generates content of 'Related Documents' block
- duplifeed: removes duplicated feed items
- simplefeed_item_media: parse & save engine for simplefeed beta
- DO NOT UPGRADE Simplefeed. It will break.