Subtitling working group
A group to look into technical requirements of creating, sharing and displaying subtitles. This group will also look at improving communication between video collectives and translating collectives. Priorities include better internalisation support in the common metadata standard, subtitle support in the Democracy Player (and Broadcast Machine) and the building of a network-wide practice of content exchange and translation.
Co-ordinator : zoe zoe at esemplastic.net
Members: Zoe, Ben, Szczym, Scout, Mick, Dongwon & Maxigas.
- Subtitles workflow / discussion 2008
- Collaborative DVD on squatting
- Subtitles workflow test drive 2007
- Subtitles research page
- Subtitles workgroup mailing list
- Documentation / guides on subtitle use / creation
Notes from first Transmission session on subtitling etc, Rome, June 2006